Some highlights from this past week:
- Starting Monday morning, the Habitants were still getting roasted in the Montreal media.
- On Tuesday, over at Puck Prospectus, I examined whether the 11-20 slots in the first round of the NHL Draft are any more valuable than the 21-30 slots? Click here to read the article.
- On Wednesday, the IllegalCurve.com Radio Show had guests Chris Zelkovich (Toronto Star) and Corey Masisak (Washington Times) on the show. Zelkovich spoke about TSN simulcasting regional US broadcasts, the best play-by-play man of the first round and other sports media issues. Masisak told us why Michael Nylander cannot get into the Capitals lineup, the relationships between Malkin and Ovechkin and his prediction for Caps/Pens.
- By Thursday, all four series previews were complete–with a special contribution from reader Bob Roberts (IC’s first ever reader contribution). Here are the four previews: Det/Ana, Van/Chi, Bos/Car and Wash/Pitt.
- Near the end of the week, Adam posted some important numbers on each of the four remaining matchups.
- When Friday came along, David asked whether people who bang the glass at hockey games are good fans or just plain idiots?
- On the weekend, Eric Duhatschek wondered whether the Flames would be better off trading Dion Phaneuf?
- As good as Duhatschek’s article was on Saturday, Mike Wise wins article of the day for his feature on Donald Brashear.
- On Sunday, word came out of NY that Markus Naslund is hanging up the skates and, over on the Island, Charles Wang has his regrets.