Tonight is the IllegalCurve.com Radio Show live from 7pm-9pm CST. Tonight’s guests include Jason Botchford from the Vancouver Province. To listen live tonight, click here. Also, IC has added a new media player to our right sidebar where you can now listen to the past week’s IC Radio Show directly off our home page. Check it out.
- Rob Niedermayer is believed to have a separated shoulder but is hoping to return to by next week. Is Niclas Bergfors going to regain some lost confidence?
- Rick DiPietro’s first practice with the Islanders was a good one, writes Katie Strang.
- Chris Drury is expected to return to the Blueshirts lineup tonight.
- In Philadelphia, Daniel Briere has been suspended for two games for his late hit on Scott Hannan.
- With all the injuries surrounding him, Penguins defenseman Mark Eaton is the team’s ironman. If the Penguins are going to turn around their struggling power play, Sergei Gonchar may be the reason why.
- Chuck Kobasew faces Boston for the first time tonight since being traded to Minnesota, writes Fluto Shinzawa. For some reason, the Bruins are 1-8 all-time against Minnesota.
- Mike Grier returns to the Buffalo lineup tonight and Lindy Ruff thinks his absence may be one reason for the team’s recent slump. The Sabres will be playing tonight in front of their fathers.
- Carey Price kept it a close one through two periods and the Habs came to play in the third, as they defeated the Blue Jackets 5-3 at the Bell Centre. New Canadiens forward Benoit Pouliot could be ready to play by the weekend.
- There are odd injuries and then there is Pascal Leclaire’ latest injury that will keep him sidelined for a month. As a result of this injury, Martin Brodeur’s cousin Mike Brodeur has been called up by the Senators. Will Brian Elliot be able to carry the weight of the starting netminding job?
- The Leafs’ game plan may not be working yet, but the team’s coaches aren’t going to switch everything up, writes Jame Mirtle. With the team playing so poorly, is anyone buying Leafs jerseys these days? This Leafs team is actually first in the NHL in shots per game. Jonas Gustavsson will start tonight versus Tampa Bay.
- The Thrashers’ new forward lines will be intact when the team faces off against the Red Wings tonight. Chris Vivlamore has an interesting feature on Pavel Kubina.
- The Panthers will be without Cory Stillman for at least ten games.
- Even though he hasn’t been lighting the lamp as per usual, Martin St. Louis is still contributing in Tampa Bay. Meanwhile, Kurtis Foster really loves Tampa Bay. In not so good news, the Canada Revenue Agency is looking into the financial dealings of Len Barrie’s Victoria development.
- Bruce Boudreau wants his team to play defense, just not prevent defense, writes Corey Masisak. Peter Perl of the Washington Post writes about the legacy of former Capitals owner Abe Pollin, who passed away on Tuesday. Ted Leonsis appears to have the right of first refusal in regards to the NBA’a Wizards and the Verizon Center.
If you are looking for a holiday gift and want to support IllegalCurve, take a look at our touques that can be purchased for only $9.99 plus shipping. Also, if you want to add IllegalCurve on Twitter, click here.