Wants to pick Team Canada? Here is your chance to be Steve Yzerman. Click here to enter the IJerseys.com Team Canada Roster Pool. You select 13 forwards, 7 defensemen and 3 goaltenders for Team Canada, it is free to enter and the top five places in the standings will win various prizes.
- Zach Parise snapped his twelve-game goalless streak in style last night by scoring two goals, including the game-winner, to lead the Devils to a 3-2 victory over Atlanta. More good news for the Devils, as David Clarkson finally returned to the team’s lineup on Monday.
- The Islanders are hoping to have Rick DiPietro play a game in the AHL this weekend, writes Katie Strang. Kyle Okposo is holding his breath that he will be on Team USA for the upcoming Olympics.
- The Rangers have lost Vaclav Prospal for up to three weeks with a knee injury.
- Michael Leighton has played well enough in Philadelphia to warrant starting consideration when Brian Boucher returns from a finger injury. So far, Leighton has a .932 save percentage.
- The Penguins aren’t overly concerned with the lack of offense lately from their three offensive defensemen, writes Shelly Anderson. Looking ahead, the Penguins have a difficult road trip on their hands. Will Bill Guerin make Team USA?
- “We played one period,” said Marc Savard about the Bruins’ loss to Tampa Bay last night. By the sounds of it, Milan Lucic may not be back for the Winter Classic.
- Both Derek Roy and Patrick Kaleta will miss tonight’s game for Buffalo against Pittsburgh.
- We all know history means something in Montreal, so historians will enjoy the fact that Mike Cammalleri scored the franchise’s 2000th goal. So much for Montreal’s five-game winning streak, as the Senators ended that last night.
- Chris Neil is fresh off returning from injury and he was the key to the Senators’ win over Montreal last night.
- Could Ian White be the future Maple Leafs captain? One thing is for certain, White has entrenched himself among the team’s top-four defensemen.
- If only the Hurricanes played they did last night all season long.
- Peter DeBoer wants his team to focus on a balanced attack moving forward. It will help to have Cory Stillman back helping his squad.
- The Lightning took care of business last night against the Bruins.
- Here are some details on the Capitals’ trade of Chris Clark and Milan Jurcina for Jason Chimera. The Capitals followed that trade with just an awful first period, which ended up costing them the game against Carolina.
If you are looking for a holiday gift and want to support IllegalCurve, take a look at our touques that can be purchased for only $9.99 plus shipping. Also, if you want to add IllegalCurve on Twitter, click here.