With approximately one month to go in the regular season, some teams are gearing up for a post-season run, while some are getting ready to hit the links. I have provided a list of the top 10 upcoming games that can’t be missed. You can thank me later.
(10) Sunday, April 12. Detroit @ Chicago. NBC, FS-D, CSN-CH. The last game on the docket for the regular season.
(9) Thursday, March 12. Washington @ Philadelphia. CSN-DC, CSN-PH. A re-match of last year’s first round match-up, these two teams do not like each other.
(8) Saturday, April 11. Tampa Bay @ Atlanta. WTOG, SPSO. The John Tavares Bowl!
(7) Saturday, March 14. New Jersey @ Montreal. CBC, MSG. Will be interesting to see how the Habs respond to Carbo’s firing. Brodeur back in Montreal on HNIC. Can’t get much better.
(6) Wednesday, March 25. Florida @ Buffalo. FS-F, MSG-B. On paper this game doesn’t look too intriguing, but could mean life or death for these two teams.
(5) Sunday, March 29. Boston @ Philadelphia. NESN, CSN-PH. Will be a physical affair, and important for the Flyers’ playoff positioning.
(4) Wednesday, March 25. San Jose @ Chicago. CSN-BA, CSN-CH. The Hawks will be battling for home-ice advantage for the first round against a tough Sharks opponent.
(3) Monday, March 30. New Jersey @ New York Rangers. TSN, Versus. Sean Avery’s Rangers against “Fatso” Brodeur’s Devils for some serious playoff implications for the Rangers. That, plus Gord Miller, equals one hell of an evening.
(2) Thursday, April 9. Montreal @ Boston. RDS, NESN. Original six match-up in Beantown could be trouble for the Habs.
(1) Saturday, April 11. Edmonton @ Calgary. CBC. The last Battle of Alberta for the season could get a bit feisty.