Nothing like having the day off and sitting on the couch for an afternoon watching hockey.
- Olaf Kolzig stops 30, the Caps move to 3-0 on the season. They take the Islanders 2-1.
- Alfredsson, Heatley and Spezza combine for 8 points. The Sens defeat the Devils 4-2. Ottawa is now 4-0 in the regular season, following an undefeated preseason.
- The Red Wings down the Oilers 4-2. Mikael Samuelsson and Kris Draper had 2 points each. This was Chris Chelios’s 1,550th game, moving him into 8th on the all-time games played list.
In the news
- Paul Stastny, Mike Comrie and Chris Mason are the stars of the week
- Newly appointed Oilers captain Ethan Moreau continues to be held out of action due to a foot injury
- Recapping the early fantasy season from Slam! Sports
- Mike Brophy examines the Ducks difficult season opening schedule
- The Predators are close to being sold
There is only one game tommorow as the Carolina Hurricanes will play at Toronto. 7pm Eastern. There will be 12 games on Wednesday. Whos the genius whos made this schedule. One game Sunday, 3 games Monday, one game Tuesday, 12 games Wednesday. This doesn’t make much sense to me as I would like to see the games more evenly spread out.