This is the abbreviated Saturday Night Recap
- Smart move by the Bruins organization to move the game to the afternoon to avoid conflict with the Red Sox. The game was 0-0 going into the shootout and Phil Kessel netted the only goal for Boston. Bruins 1 – Rangers 0.
- Chicago 2nd win in two nights comes against the rested Maple Leafs. Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews are reminiscent of the Thrashers’ Heatley/Kovalchuk in their rookie years. They combined for 3 points tonight and Mats Sundin continues to rake for the Leafs (2 goals). Blackhawks 6 – Maple Leafs 4. Chicago’s second third period comeback in a row. Chicago looks like they will be able to compete this year and may begin to fill the United Center, a playoff spot may be in sight
- Eric Staal and Justin Williams are able to beat red hot Marty Biron. The Canes are able to take the Flyers to overtime but bow out to Simon Gagne’s winner. Philadelphia 3 – Carolina 2 (OT) Justin Williams only has 3 goals on the year now, but they have been snipes, in his age 26 season he is on his way to a career year
- Tampa Bay beats up on Atlanta for the second time of the year. The Lecavalier/St. Louis/Prospal line combines for 8 points. Lightning 6 – Thrashers 2.
- Edmonton continues to be the bitch of the Northwest Division going 0-4 against their rivals. Dion Phaneuf and Jarome Iginla were the first two stars with 3 points each and Kristian Huselius rounded up the back end with 2 points. The Flames show the Oilers who owns Alberta 4 – 1.
- In a rematch from last years playoffs San Jose shuts out Nashville 3-0. The Legend of Jeremy Roenick lives on, he scores his 3rd goal of the year and is two away from 500.
Tomorrow’s Match Ups (All Times Eastern)