It has been a whirlwind 24 hours for newest Jets centre Pierre-Luc Dubois who was traded on Saturday morning, hopped on a plane to Winnipeg later in the day and is now in quarantine. He spoke this morning. I’m posting the audio for now (with French questions edited out) and have posted the video (with French questions) as well.
1. What the last 24 hours have been like?
2. What kind of expectations does he have being traded for a player like Laine?
3. What excites him the most about coming to Winnipeg?
4. What does he think about joining this talented forward group?
5. On how things ended in Columbus, what ramifications does that have?
6. Reflecting back to the 2016 draft and how he and Laine ended up
7. On a young player wanting to find a new fit.
8. What do the next few weeks look like?
9. What kind of player is he?
10. Does he see himself playing in Winnipeg long term?
11. Reflecting back on the years in Columbus.
12. Question in French (about his time in Columbus)
13. Do his parents live here full time? How much time does he spend here?
14. How long is his quarantine going to last?
15. What does he think of playing with Nikolaj Ehlers?
16. His final shift in Columbus?
17. Question in French (on the Habs being one of the team who wanted him)
18. Question in French (his relationship with John Tortorella)