What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Bruins forward Phil Kessel is back on the ice doing some light skating for the first time since being diagnosed with mono. Good sign.
- Some injuries in Hurricanes camp. How did Ron Francis crack the IR as a coach?
- Pat Burns wants to make sure he enjoys the time he has left. Best of luck to coach Burns on a recovery.
- Rostislav Olesz is expected to be out 6-12 weeks with a sports hernia. Well, there is certainly a big difference between 6 and 12 weeks.
- Jay Pandolfo is expected to be a healthy scratch for the fourth consecutive game tomorrow night versus Boston. With Jersey always on the attack, Pandolfo and his defensive expertise have fallen out of favor for the time being.
- Some notes on last night’s Rangers tilt. Can they start to develop some consistency is the question.
- Olaf Kolzig’s season is over in Tampa. He’ll probably hang ’em up.
- Will Karl Alzner be sent to the AHL? That appears to be the case.