Here is today’s word from the team beat writer’s:
- The Ducks were without two stars today for practice, although for very different reasons, as Teemu Selanne is suffering from the flu and Ryan Getzlaf was taking time off, writes Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register.
- Some are wondering what has happened to the mastery in the shootout of the Avalanche’s Wojtek Wolski, who previously dominated the area but this season is a woeful 0-6.
- The Calgary Flames, 10-1-3 on the road, a club-record 10 consecutive road games of garnering at least a point are loving the hot road streak, but don’t ask them to explain it.
- Tom Reed of the Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Blue Jackets winger Raffi Torres might miss tonight’s game to be with his wife as they anticipate the birth of their first child.
- Dallas will be going with Marty Turco in net tonight as Anaheim comes to visit and Mike Heika has the Stars expected lineup for the contest.
- The former lawyers for ex-Detroit Red Wings star Sergei Fedorov are asking a judge to dismiss his civil lawsuit against them.
- David Staples of the Edmonton Journal makes no apologies when he suggest that it is time for the Oilers to blow up this team and trade for expiring contracts and draft picks.
- Rich Hammond of Kings Insider has an excellent feature on the Kings Wayne Simmonds highlighting some of his phenomenal play of late.
- Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo won the battle last night between the two most likely starting goalies for Team Canada this February but the performance of both last night might leave Steve Yzerman a bit concerned.