What team beat writers are saying this Saturday afternoon:
- Evgeni Artyukhin won’t change his style of play in Anaheim. Why would he? The Ducks acquired him knowing his hard-edge style and clearly want him to play that way–within reason of course.
- Tim Thomas is the expected starter for the Bruins today. He didn’t play Thursday, so this is no surprise.
- Tuomo Ruutu has been suspended for three games for his hit on Darcy Tucker last night. Should have gotten seven games in my opinion. This hit was clearly dirty–it really wasn’t even close.
- At least Darcy Tucker is resting at home. Very good news.
- No Toni Lydman for the Sabres tonight. Injury doesn’t look too serious.
- With Jack Dowell being recalled from Rockford, it looks like no Jonathan Toews tonight for Chicago. Why would they dress him? He clearly had a concussion.
- Brent Seabrook will also be out for Chicago. Don’t mess with concussions.
- Here are the Blue Jackets’ lines for tonight’s game. Brassard gets a demotion.
- Jose Theodore starts tonight for Washington against the Islanders. Fleischmann close to return in Washington.