- Igor Larionov’s daughters have released a Christmas song to benefit cancer, video and story are here. How do you say “meow” in Russian?
- Forbes has a list of the best and worst NHL fans. S0me spurious rationale here, but an interesting read all the same.
- My wife’s favourite gossip site offers its’ take on the Mike Fisher-Carrie Underwood engagement.
- Goon’s World has the complete Team USA roster for the World Juniors, plus video of coach Dean Blais explaining the final cuts. Looks like a good team on paper, but others (Sweden, Canada) have more depth.
- Psycho Lady Hockey was let loose in a junior arena, with predictable results.
- The World of Junior Hockey blog has the rosters for the Top Prospects Game.
- This one is a couple days old, but it is interesting in that it discusses the possibility of more AHL teams out West, and the potential for some ECHL teams to jump ship to the American League. This just makes so much sense. With several western NHL teams having farm clubs on the east coast, you would think its only a matter of time before they want these feeder teams in closer proximity.
On the Beat: The Singing Larionovs; Hockey and Gossip Collide; The Best and Worst NHL Fans and Much More
A few blog hits to spice up your afternoon, all after the jump.