What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- If you haven’t seen the Bobby Ryan goal referred to in the morning papers, take a look. Denis Savard must be proud.
- Stephen Brunt tells us that the Coyotes situation is dire. He asks the same question I did on the podcast a few weeks back: “Who in their right mind would buy that team to keep it in Phoenix and incur the loss of millions per year?”
- Milan Lucic won’t play tomorrow for Boston. Does anyone know what his injury is? Because the Bruins are sure tight-lipped on this one.
- Here are the lines from Sabres practice today. Harrington takes issue with Butler not being in the top-six and it is hard to argue.
- Goalie controversy in Colorado? They have to ride Raycroft.
- Interesting takes on the Oilers from Dave Staples. The team clearly misses Greene and Stoll on the pk.
- Bruce Garrioch says it is time to call up Brian Elliot to the Senators. Unfortunately for Senators fans, he is hardly the only problem on that roster.
- Mikhail Grabovski has been suspended three games for pushing an official. He lost it last night, so the suspension was no surprise.