What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Can the Bruins offense withstand the loss of Phil Kessel if he’s traded? A team with Savard, Bergeron, Krejci and wingers like Wheeler, Lucic, Sturm, etc., doesn’t seem to be in too much trouble should a Kessel traded go through.
- The Hurricanes have signed Brett Carson and Ryan Rodney to one-year contracts. Both are scoring defensemen; unfortunately for both, the Hurricanes have Joni Pitkanen and Joe Corvo.
- Are the Habs worse or better off with less Europeans on their roster? I think this matters not.
- An interview with Coyotes defensman Keith Yandle. I still think he needs work on his defensive game, but he’s a very fluid skater and can move the puck, so those skills will keep him playing regardless.
- Tampa Bay goaltender Mike Smith is feeling better these days. Great news for Bolts fans, as he was arguably the team’s best player last season.