What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Both Donald Brashear and Alexander Semin missed Capitals practice today. Semin misses practice like twice a week and apparently this time it is just the flu.
- Anthony Sanfilipo of the Delaware County Daily Times thinks the playoff matchups we will see in April will be the same ones we’d see today if the season ended. Would be three amazing made-for-tv matchups.
- The Panthers just cannot finish. Richards is right. That team does not have a legitimate sniper and it has hurt them all season long.
- Paul Maurice certainly has his troops playing a sound defensive game in Carolina. That team has played very well under Maurice and many people don’t realize they sit in fifth place in the Eastern Conference.
With so little on the beat, here are some interesting blog posts from around the web:
- Japers’ Rink wonders where Tom Poti’s offensive ability has gone? Good piece.
- Kevin Allen of USA Today sees big things for the Blues next season. They are going to be loaded with young talent so it is hard to disagree.
- Michael Farber preaches patience. All Habs all the time in the media these days. Let’s just let this situation settle down a bit before making any big statements.