What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Blue Jackets need an offensive defenseman. They did last year too, and that’s why their power play was horrendous. As Portzline says, Kris Russel has some nice offensive upside, but I think Scott Howson would prefer a more proven veteran at this point in time.
- Mike Heika continues his summer profiles with James Neal. The best is obviously yet to come for Neal; a player whom the Stars plan to build around moving forward.
- Steve Gorten of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel ate lunch with Panthers winger David Booth. This isn’t the full interview, but he provides interesting little tidbits as a teaser.
- The Habs have signed Matt D’Agostini to a one-year deal. There wasn’t expected to be any trouble getting that deal done.
- John Glennon takes a look at the Predators’ forwards heading into next season. The Predators are secretly hoping Colin Wilson plays his way onto the team next season. His offensive ability is something the organization lacks.
- Evegeny Artyukhin holds no ill feelings towards the Tampa Bay Lightning organization. His issues were more with the previous regime anyhow.