What team beat-writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Lightning have claimed Matt Pettinger off waivers from Vancouver. Lots of roster moves for the Bolts today but if they want to turn it around they are going to need lots more production from their top two lines.
- Blues rookie Patrik Berglund is expected to play in Detroit on Wednesday and the Blues are also hoping Lee Stempniak (knee) is also ready to return. Two important forwards on a team that is going to try and outscore its opposition this season.
- Martin Gerber will start tomorrow between the pipes for the Senators. He is slated to start 2 of the next 3 games.
- The Blue Jackets have placed Fredrik Modin on IR with a bum groin. This guy just cannot stay healthy. He consistently has nagging injuries that won’t allow him to play even ten games at a time.
- Manny Fernandez is starting for the Bruins tonight. Tim Thomas got the start last night so this makes sense.
- Dave Staples of the Edmonton Journal has a long posting about the Oilers organization and its recent controversy with a blogger from the site Covered in Oil. Staples does a good job of explaining the situation.
- Oh yeah, and there may be another team put in the Greater Toronto Area. As the article says, it is better if this is a franchise relocation instead of expansion.