What team beat-writers are saying early this afternoon:
- The Bruins have recalled Vladimir Sobotka from Providence. Sobotka already had recorded four points in two games down in the AHL so it was time to get him back up with the big club.
- Looks like Jochen Hecht will miss a number of games for the Sabres with an undisclosed injury. He may not garner many press clippings but Hecht is an extremely important member of the Sabres’ line-up and his loss will be felt.
- Mike Babcock hasn’t really liked the chemistry of the Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen line since the pre-season. They have so many offensive options it just isn’t fair to the rest of the league.
- The Islanders have demoted Blake Comeau to Bridgeport of the AHL. Somewhat surprising move to be honest. After watching the Islanders play on Monday, I don’t really know why Comeau couldn’t make one of the starting forward lines.
- Daniel Alfredsson could be back in the Ottawa line-up by the weekend. Great news for the Senators and their fans.
- Petr Sykora (groin) is expected to play tonight for the Penguins versus Philadelphia. The Pens don’t have the offensive depth they did last season, so this an important roster move.
- Capitals forward Viktor Kozlov is out for a few weeks with an undisclosed injury. With the offensive depth they have in Washington, the offense shouldn’t struggle at all with Kozlov’s absence.