What team beat writers are saying this Monday afternoon:
- Patrice Bergeron missed practice today for Boston but will definitely play on Wednesday. Important news for Boston fans, as Bergeron has been the team’s best forward this season.
- Michael Leighton gets the start tonight for Carolina. Taylor Hall better start taking an interest in college basketball….
- Milan Hejduk will not play tonight when the Lightning faces Tampa Bay. The injury isn’t serious but he still isn’t ready to go.
- Martin Havlat was skating at Wild practice this morning. Good sign for Wild fans, as Havlat has been out for a while with a hamstring injury. No timetable on his return though.
- Scott Gomez is at Habs practice today centering the second line. I liked what I saw from the top line on Saturday, so no reason to switch that unit. I also liked what I saw from Pacioretty, aside from the two minor penalties, so putting Gomez alongside him seems like a good plan to me.
- Mike Lange’s goal calls from Saturday courtesy of Seth Rorabaugh. He’s one of the best.
- Alyn McCauley is now a pro scout for the L.A. Kings and David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News caught up with the one-time Sharks center. McCauley’s name shouldn’t be ignored when the NHL decides to seriously discuss the issue of concussions.
- Does the Blues’ recall of Jonas Junland mean Alex Pietrangelo isn’t going to play his tenth game of the season? Seems likely and is probably the best move for the still developing youngster.