What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Ducks need to stop relying on their goaltending so much, writes Dan Wood. He’s right. The team’s netminders have made the team’s record look better than they have actually been playing.
- Raffi Torres says his surgically repaired knee contines to bother him. It sounds like surgery may be on the horizon.
- It looks like Brian Rolston (ankle) will return to action for the Devils on Thursday. Big boost for the veteran club.
- Here are the lines for the Panthers tonight when they take on the Capitals. No David Booth or Nathan Horton.
- Sergei Kostitsyn will be a healthy scratch for the Habs tonight. If you read the morning papers you know that Carbonneau isn’t at all happy with Kostitsyn’s play or attitude right now.
- New lines for the Rangers today at practice. The Rangers are always switching up their lines, so don’t put too much stock in these combinations.
- None of the Capitals’ injured players will return to the line-up tonight. No surprise.