What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- It looks like Tim Thomas will get the start for the Bruins tonight versus Toronto. He has been tremendous this season.
- Justin Williams looks to be ahead of schedule in his rehab. No word yet on when he hopes to be back.
- Ty Conklin will be starting for the Red Wings tonight, which will be his second consecutive start. Don’t read too much into it, they are just giving Osgood some time off to get the kinks out of his game.
- Dave Staples of the Edmonton Journal has a long defense of Dustin Penner. Staples is always interesting to read.
- Here are the Lightning’s lines from practice today. Of note, Stamkos on the first line.
- Alexander Semin is questionable for the Capitals’ game on Wednesday. Still seems day-to-day.