What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- It looks like Tim Thomas will get the start tonight for Boston. The Bruins really cannot go wrong with either goalie these days. It is a luxury the Rangers would love to have…
- The Hurricanes have waived Aaron Ward. As Bob says, recall waivers seems like a more likely time for him to be claimed.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post wonders where all the Avalanche fans are? Quite the embarrassing total for last night’s first place tilt.
- Mike Heika tells readers that if the Stars are to make any moves that they will have to be within the team’s budget. There is room to make a move if you want to trade Ribeiro or even Turco, as Heika mentions, because Turco is a UFA at season’s end.
- Jordin Tootoo is going to be out of the Predators lineup for 3-4 weeks with a broken foot. Unless you are a Predators fan, you probably didn’t realize how productive of a season Tootoo was having.
- It doesn’t sound like Brandon Dubinsky will return to the Rangers lineup tonight. Although Andrew Gross guesses he will. The Rangers are fading fast. Sure they miss Dubinsky but he isn’t the fix for all their problems.
- The Capitals have recalled Karl Alzner from the AHL. With Nylander off the books, Alzner may be up to stay.