What team beat writers are saying on Friday morning the 10th of October:
- Daniel Alfredsson is going to undergo knee surgery; however, the winger isn’t expected to be out for more than a few weeks. Big loss for the Senators as he is their best all-around player. Also, for anyone wondering whether the injury happened before the team’s games in Sweden, and they just put off the surgery until now, it didn’t.
- J.S. Giguere didn’t think he played well enough in the Ducks’ opener last night. The team in front of him played worse than he did.
- Blue Jackets beat writer Aaron Portzline thinks Columbus will finish seventh in the Western Conference. I like the Jackets too this season, but better than Edmonton? Not sure about that.
- Rich Chere of the Newark Star-Ledger wonders if the Devils are too old for today’s NHL? I don’t think it is that big of a concern to be honest.
- Lukas Krajicek has visa issues and still hasn’t arrived in Tampa yet. The issue is supposed to be resolved later today.