On the Beat was not posted yesterday (Monday) because of the author’s faithful observance of Yom Kippur, the Jewish High Holiday.
What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Breaking News: 2009 1st Round Draft Pick Dmitry Kulikov has signed an entry-level contract with the Florida Panthers.
- Habs Inside/Out writers Pat Hickey and Dave Stubbs have been profiling the seven players who were acquired in the offseason by the Montreal Canadiens. Today’s featured player is defenseman Paul Mara. When did the Habs acquire Mara? Once again, I seem to have missed several key moves this summer.
- Detroit Red Wings writer/blogger Chris McCosky writes about how Nicklas Lidstrom is received in his native country of Sweden and how cool he is with the media.
- Columbus Blue Jackets left winger Kristian Huselius has finally shaken off a week-long flu and was back at practice this morning. The Jackets also announced that they have placed forward Alexandre Picard and d-man Mathieu Roy on waivers.
- On the Rangers Report blog, they discuss a new book titled 100 Ranger Greats, set to be released October 5th, which will surely spark a massive debate regarding who is truly the greatest Ranger of all-time. Mark Messier gets my vote for his infamous guaranteed win.
- Has a Michal Neuvirth injury settled the Washington Capitals back-up goalie debate?