- The Rangers lose another 1-0 game, this time to the Penguins. Who would have thought that goal scoring would be their problem early on? Malkin scored the lone goal for the Pens.
- Rookie Tobias Endstrom scored his first NHL goal, and Ilya Kovalchuk had 3 points. Leafs captain Mats Sundin also had 3 points. Kovalchuk scored the shootout winner for the Thrashers. Thrashers 5 – Maple Leafs 4 (SO)
- Red hot rookie and BEAST of the night Patrick Kane had 4 points and Tuomo Ruutu had 3 assists for the Blackhawks. Rick Nash continues to have a great year as he posted 3 points. The Blackhawks win in a scorefest over the Blue Jackets 7 – 4.
- Paul Kariya had four points and former Jet Keith Tkachuk had three, the St Louis Blues defeat the Anaheim Ducks 4 – 2.
- In Ryan Smyth’s return to Edmonton, the Avalanche win 4-2 over the Oilers. Tyler Arnason scored two points for the Avs.
- The Kings throwdown on the Predators 6 – 0. Jason LaBarbera stopped 17 shots for the shutout and Mike Cammalleri continues to lead the NHL in goals adding two more tonight for a total of 10.
Tomorrow’s Games (all times Eastern)
7:00pm: BUF@CAR, TB@WSH,
7:30pm: VAN@DET, PHI@FLA