Word from around the blogs:
- Rangers Report: Who led the Rangers in scoring in their championship season of 1993-94? Know the answer? If not click the link and read the post by guest blogger Walt MacPeek, who used to cover the Rangers for the Newark Star-Ledger, as he gives readers a look into the 93/94 Rangers run.
- Running with the Devils: Which Devils will be at the Olympics? Figured there would be more on the various teams.
- Broad Street Bull: Ray Emery will undergo abdominal surgery and miss six weeks. That’s not going to be good for business.
- The Hockey News: Toronto will need miracle to make post-season. Doesn’t look good but at least they can prevent Boston with ending up with a high draft pick.
- Lions in Winter: Kovalev re-starting PR push? Anytime you play in a Canadian city, you can expect some scrutiny.
- Silver Seven: The Senators are the best-managed team of the decade. If only they could have translated that into a Stanley Cup win.
- Bird Watchers Anonymous: Who is playing well on the Thrashers PK unit. This team has been pretty good on the PK. (5th overall).
- Lightning Strikes: Tampa Bay Lightning coach Rick Tocchet shuffles lines after Monday’s mass benching. This team needs a wake-up call and perhaps this will work.
- Wild Thing: Mikko Koivu’s blog talking about life in Minneapolis. His blog is in Finnish but the link includes the google translate feature. Kuulostaa hän pitää kaupungista.
- Globe on Hockey: Oilers putting Lightning game online. Nice to see team’s trying to try new things.
- NHL Fanhouse: Henrik Sedin keeps Canucks in the hunt. Impressive streak by Sedin. Has to be happy his bro is back.
- ESPN: ‘The Hakan-Hanukkah Song’. Pretty funny. Put it to the sound of Adam Sandler’s version and it’s even better.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Win Leafs tickets. Considering how difficult I hear it is to get tickets to Leaf games, Toronto fans might want to sign up.
- Cycle like the Sedins: Odd Woman Rush #1: Origins finale. Cool feature where they ask the following questions of some female bloggers: Why are you a blogger? What pushed you across the threshold to go from fan/journalist/whatever to someone who publishes hockey posts? Did it have anything to do with “proving” your knowledge? Describe your motivation for starting your blog(s).
- Dobber Hockey: Miracles in December. Might these December fantasy surprises brighten your holidays?
In case you missed it, here is the NHL’s Winter Classic commercial: