Some news and notes covering the latest hockey news from across the blogs:
- Hitting the Post: Surrealism at the X. What a weekend of sport in Minneapolis.
- NHL Fanhouse: George Parros kisses the proverbial canvas, launching Wild comeback. Who says fighting has no place in the game?
- The Hockey News: Quinn believes same effort, better execution will lead Oilers past Flames. Flames are looking tough to beat.
- All things Avs: Anderson to start Thursday. Good news for Avs fans.
- Working the Corners: Sharks work to correct problems in their own zone — and look for McGinn in lineup against Columbus. No time to panic in San Jose.
- Morning Skate: Blues coaching staff points out the negatives in wins over Detroit. These guys could very well be the surprise team of the West.
- Red Wings Central: Williams meshes with his Finnish linemates. Leino is the lone bright spot early in this season for the Wings.
- All Habs: Price calm in the centre of storm. The Habs need him to have any hope of success this season.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Leafs big mouths? Looks like Ron Wilson got hit for opening his yapper while Burke got off. Here is the official statement from the league.
- SenSay: A game only a fan could love. It was easier for people who weren’t fans of these teams to have interest when they were more relevant.
- Lighthouse Hockey: Schremp to get Islanders debut, Tambellini out? Bet Oilers fans are eager to see how Schremp does in his debut.
- Japers’ Rink: Between the ears, between the pipes. Gotta stop all those quick succession goals.
- Puck Daddy: In this economy? Report says 11 teams jacked up ticket prices. Seems a long way off since we had row 4 seats for $50 a ticket.
- The Hockey News: Anxious fans express concern during opening week of NHL’s regular season. It’s a long season, no need to panic just yet.
From the “Is there anything he can’t do” vault Alex Ovechkin gets his “kick” on at Redskins practice: