Some news and notes from across the blogs:
- the Bruins Blog: Bruin Shawn Thornton takes Blue Jacket tough guy Jared Boll down. Very cool sequence of photo’s detailing the “beat down”.
- Defending Big D: Should We Be Concerned With the Dallas Stars Preseason? Hope not. I had the Stars as the possible surprise team this year.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Kadri sent back to juniors. Probably best for his development.
- Puck Daddy: As fighting increases, so will refs’ use of the instigator rule. Strictly calling instigator is a good thing.
- Habs Inside/Out: A Yom Kippur special. I don’t remember Adam Sandler singing about Georges Laraque but he is welcome on the team anytime. Listening to Laraque speak hebrew with a french accent is amazing.
- Fire & Ice: Leblond trying to remain optimistic. Good to have optimism but when the coach hasn’t paid you much attention this pre season it would seem to indicate your are bound for the AHL.
- The Hockey News: Big changes in West with Gretzky, Sakic and Pronger out and Heatley in. Lots of changes and interesting prediction on the Flames final finish.
- Hockey or Die: Training Camp Watch: Cloutier, Calder, Cullimore and Hilbert. As is the case with most long shots, only 1 of the 4 has been kept around. Of the 4 listed who would you guess is still with the team?
- Cult of Hockey: Will anyone stand up and defend the Oilers Captain, Ethan Moreau? Good piece and I’d agree that if you find him the right situations to play in, he can still be effective.
- T.O. Sports: Which Canadian team has the best chance to contend for the Cup? I can agree with his first choice but not his sixth.
- Flames Insider: Flames’ wannabes await one final trim. As long as Kiprusoff is looking sharp, the Flames will be winning games.
- Working the Corners: Dan Hinote’s out, but Sharks say they’re holding off on further roster cuts today. David Pollak has the best Sharks news out there.
- Canes Country: McBain and Sutter assigned to Albany. Sutter has big expectations in the future but right now they want him to get some good seasoning in the AHL.
- Eyes on the Prize: Canadiens and Sports Illustrated over the years. Quite the retrospective.
Photo of the Night (Very cool new angle):