Here are the Pacific Division morning papers:
- As if there was not enough bad blood between the two teams, the Sharks may be looking for revenge tonight in Anahiem for a hit that Chris Kunitz put on Jonathan Cheechoo last week.
- Joe Thornton earned his big salary last night with an impressive display of offense and defense, writes David Pollak. In injury news, Ryan Clowe is expected to return to the Sharks line up next week.
- Last night the Kings played about as complete of a game as they have in a while and recorded a 4-0 victory over the Coyotes, writes Dan Arritt.
- The Stars lost 3-2 in overtime at San Jose last night, but there were a lot of positives to take from Thursday’s game, writes Mike Heika. In roster news, the Stars got Phillipe Boucher back in the team’s line up last night.
**There were no Coyotes articles this morning**
Here are the Central Division morning papers:
- The Predators made two under-the-radar moves at the trade deadline and both moves have helped the team’s playoff push, writes Jessica Hopp. Meanwhile, Dan Ellis is hoping he can avoid having IV fluids put into his body between periods.
- Here is a quick preview of the Blues/Wings game tonight courtesy of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Expect Darren McCarty to play the same way he has always played when he starts his second tour of duty with the Wings tonight. Here is an injury update from Wings camp.
- The Blue Jackets are very much looking forward to taking on Jordin Tootoo and the Predators tonight, writes Tom Reed. Meantime, with the Jackets playing out the string, former Ducks prospect Clay Wilson is excited to be finally getting an opportunity at the NHL level. Here are the Jackets’ projected lines for tonight’s game versus Nashville.
- Chris Kuc makes a compelling argument for Patrick Sharp winning the Selke Trophy.
Here are the Northwest Division morning papers:
- The Wild’s push for first place in the Northwest has seen the team receive production from unexpected sources, writes Kent Youngblood.
- Jim Vandermeer is making a lot of friends on the Flames bench with his willingness to do anything for the team. Recent healthy scratch Kristian Huselius does not know when he will be back in the team’s line up.
- Canucks coach Alain Vigneault has issued a challenge to his team’s veteran players and Ben Kuzma is looking forward to finding out whether Markus Naslund is up to the task.
- Dwayne Roloson gets the call in net tonight for the Oilers as they visit Denver. The Edmonton Journal tells Oilers fans which teams to hope for tonight.
- The Avalanche will be getting Adam Foote back in the line up tonight when they face the Oilers, writes Adrian Dater.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Richard Pollock.
Email any thoughts, ideas or suggestions to email@example.com