More Stanley Cup Final Reaction
- A huge Pittsburgh crowd celebrates the Penguin’s Stanley Cup victory.
- Before hockey’s Holy Grail embarks on its 100 days of celebration, it will head Wednesday to Las Vegas for the NHL Awards Show.
- Starkey: Penguins fans incredible.
- There’s a reason “fan” is short for fanatic, and his name is Sy Nazif.
- Penguins victory parade: Everyone had a special reason to be there.
- Pittsburgh is new city of champions.
- You will cringe when you hear of pain Wings endured says Michael Rosenberg of the Detroit Free Press.
- Now that the season is finished the 2009 team says good-byes, though 2010 will be similar.
- When Marian Hossa came to Detroit, he had Monday playing out a little different.
- Tomas Holmstrom doesn’t know how much longer he’ll play as slumps and injuries weigh him down.
- Penguins’ Crosby still topic of conversation among Wings. Zetterberg seems quite bent out of shape on this one.
- Lidstrom, Ilitch have faith in the Wings.
- With former offensive defenseman Todd Richards set to become the Wild’s next coach, even Nick Schultz — known more for his defense on the back end — might have carte blanche to step up in the play.
- Ottawa Senators president and CEO Roy Mlakar leaving job at end of June.
- Lightning might have a big draft-day decision.
- Jonas Gustavsson, the 24-year-old Swede considered one of the best goalies in the world not currently playing in the NHL, wrapped up an approximately 24-hour trip to Denver.
- Peter Chiarelli, named NHL Executive of the Year by Sporting News, was rewarded by the B’s signing a multiyear extension.
- Washington Capitals team report.
- Edmonton Oilers team report.
- Toronto Maple Leafs team report.
- NHL Rumor Roundup: Heating up.
- With the NHL, it’s always bad news for Hamilton.
- Lawyer says he expects RIM co-CEO to submit new motion to buy and move the Phoenix Coyotes to Hamilton.
- Deadline may be Balsillie’s undoing.
- YOUR VIEW: Will Balsillie get another chance to buy an NHL team?
2009 NHL Awards in Vegas:
- A guide to the 2009 NHL Awards.
- DOUG ELFMAN: NHL, NFL, NBA in LV … who knows?
- NewTek picked by National Hockey League to help produce 2009 awards show.
- The owners of the Iowa Chops want to sell the American Hockey League franchise and have it moved from Des Moines, Polk County officials confirmed today.
- The Grand Rapids Griffins’ community programs and charitable efforts during the 2008-09 AHL season generated a total of nearly $325,000.
- Moose GM: AHL run worth every minute. Heartbreaking loss doesn’t lessen incredible season.
- The only coach in the six-year history of the ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers, Glen Gulutzan is leaving for AHL.