Here are the morning papers for Tuesday the 9th of September:
- If you are a betting man, put your money on Brian Burke joining the Leafs over Mats Sundin returning to Hogtown, explains Damien Cox of the Toronto Star.
- There are a lot of questions facing the Avalanche both this season and beyond, writes Terry Frei of the Denver Post.
- This off-season, Daniel Alfredsson has arguably worked harder than he ever has before showing up to training camp, writes Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen.
- Heading into training camp this year, Leafs defenseman Carlo Coliacovo feels healthy for the first time in years. Meanwhile, Jason Blake is in the best shape he has been in in ten years, writes Steve Buffery of the Toronto Sun.
- New acquisition Pavol Demitra is itching to find out who his new linemates on the Canucks will be.
- Apparently justice was not “for sale” in the Henri Samueli case, writes John Gittelsohn of the Orange County Register.
- Nikita Filatov is finally expected to land in Columbus today, writes Aaron Portzline.
- Marian Hossa does not care what people think, he is just excited to be a part of the Detroit Red Wings organization. The question most fans are wondering about is whether Hossa is just making a one-year layover in Detroit?
- John Glennon of the Tennessean catches up with former Predators enforcer Stu Grimson.
- The Devils management has not yet contacted Brian Gionta and John Madden about contract extensions.
- Jim Gintonio of the Arizona Republic spent five minutes with Ed Jovanovski.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Richard Pollock.