Here are the morning papers for Tuesday the 26th of August:
- Apparently Joe Sakic is still in the middle of making up his mind, writes Terry Frei of the Denver Post.
- Luke Richardson does not want to call it a career just yet, but the Senators have not offered him a contract, explains Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun.
- Jason Blake is looking forward to a fresh start with the Blue & White, writes Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun.
- In surprising news, the Sabres have kindly dropped the prices of their exhibition home game tickets.
- Jeff O’Neill is glad he is back on the ice and is ready to tryout for the Hurricanes, writes Chip Alexander.
- Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is looking forward to having Bryan Berard at training camp, writes Sam Carchidi.
- Blues defenseman Erik Johnson may not be ready for the beginning of training camp, but there is no concern that his injured shoulder will keep him out for the beginning of the regular season.
- Vincent Lecavalier had surgery on his torn labrum this off-season but will be ready to go when the Bolts open the season overseas.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Richard Pollock.