- Kevin Paul Dupont gives readers some information on prospect Chris Krieder who is hoping to be selected in the first round tomorrow night.
- The Avalanche is salivating at the possibility that John Tavares could somehow fall to them at number three.
- Many people expect the Blue Jackets to draft a defenseman in the first round for the first time since 2000.
- The Stars have changed their draft strategy over the past couple years, writes Mike Heika.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News says the Islanders are going to take John Tavares.
- If the Islanders take Tavares, there will be a large celebration on Long Island, writes Greg Logan.
- The Wild has three particular players that it really wants to take at number 12, explains Michael Russo.
- The Blues don’t have a very confusing draft strategy, but it has sure worked as of late.
- Ira Kaufman runs down the quality players that have been taken number two overall in past NHL Entry Drafts.
- The Leafs may not be interested in big defenseman Jared Cowan, writes Mike Zeisberger.
- Nobody drafts like the Red Wings.
- All the talk this weekend surrounds the possibility of Vincent Lecavalier getting dealt to the Habs.
- Don’t expect the Blackhawks to go after Dany Heatley, writes Chris Kuc.
- Trade talks for the rights to Jay Bouwmeester prior to July 1 “picked up over the weekend,” writes Steve Gorten.
- The Flyers don’t seem to be at the forefront of the Bouwmeester talks right now. Is Bouwmeester even willing to talk to anyone before July 1?
- With Phil Kessel said to be on the trade block, could the Wild be interested in his services?
- With his name being bandied about all the time, it is probably no coincidence that Vincent Lecavalier has opted to leave Montreal this weekend for some time away with his friends.
- Damien Cox wonders if the Lightning will keep the second overall pick?
- Bill Beacon wonders if the Lightning will keep Vincent Lecavalier?
- Some think the Wild are the leading team after Dany Heatley, explains Allan Panzeri of the Ottawa Citizen.
- The Leafs have had trade discussions with the Atlanta Thrashers about the number four overall pick.
- Jonas Gustavsson says he will make a decision on where he wants to sign within the next week.
- Brian Gionta wants to return to the Devils, but is the feeling mutual?
- The Habs have yet to make Saku Koivu an offer to stay in Montreal.
- Bill Daly says the NHL is not expected to appeal the ruling that the league underpaid NHL widows.
- Chris Chelios does not seem very interested in coaching hockey once his playing days are over, explains George Sipple.
- Jim Devallano deserves to be in the Hockey Hall of Fame, writes Bill McGraw.
- Ratings for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final set a ratings watermark for the Pittsburgh region.
- Here’s how much the Penguins parade cost.
- Martin Fennelly chimes in on the current problems in Tampa. For now, Oren Koules and Len Barrie are getting along.