Here are the Eastern Conference morning papers for the teams that are not currently participating in the playoffs:
- Craig Custance of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution thinks Ron Wilson may be a leading candidate for the Thrashers head coaching job.
- Hurricanes defenseman Tim Gleason was injured during the World Hockey Championships, but the injury is not believed to be serious.
- No morning papers for the Atlantic Division.
- The Bruins re-signed Chuck Kobasew to a 3 year contract on Tuesday and Fluto Shinwaza of the Boston Globe has the details.
- According to Allen Panzeri of the Ottawa Citizen, the Senators have not contacted Craig Hartsburg about their open head coaching position.
- You can cross Wayne Gretzky’s name off the list of people interested in running the Maple Leafs. Meanwhile, the Leafs did meet with Dave Nonis yesterday about their vacant GM position.
Here are the Western Conference morning papers for the teams that are not currently participating in the playoffs:
- Pascal Leclaire has played well for Canada at the World Hockey Championships, writes Tom Reed.
- Former UND Fighting Sioux winger T.J. Oshie is now a member of the St. Louis Blues.
- In Nashville, Steve Sullivan continues his rehabilitation from a serious back injury.
- Pat Burns should be the man for the Sharks head coaching gig, writes Tim Kawakami. Regardless of who Kawakami wants for the job, the search begins today.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Richard Pollock.
Email any thoughts, ideas or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org