Here are the morning papers for Sunday the 24th of August:
- Canucks prospect Cody Hodgson has really enjoyed his summer training with Sam Gagner and Co., writes Jim Jamieson of the Vancouver Province.
- Sitting at home without a contract, Andrej Meszaros still is not sure if he will be at Senators training camp, explains Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun.
- As Bill Beacon of Canadian Press tells us, the QMJHL has come down with strict rules for brawling, but fighting has not been banned in the league.
- In Kevin Paul Dupont’s terrific Sunday piece, he wonders whether the NHLPA would possibly choose to opt out of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement?
- Aaron Portzline has a full Q & A with Blue Jackets owner John P. McConnell.
- Apparently Chris Chelios eventually has plans of returning home to the Blackhawks.
- If you want to shore up your hockeyisms, there is a new hockey dictionary available, writes Garth Woolsey of the Toronto Star.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Richard Pollock.