Here are the morning papers from the Central Division:
- If the Wings cannot get any of the players they are looking for at number 30 tonight, they may trade their pick. Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News knows that the Wings are not overly concerned that they are selecting 30th overall.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch wonders whether the Blues may use their first selection on a defenseman. Apparently the Jamal Mayers trade from late last night may be setting up some other deals for the Blues.
- If the Predators can replicate their draft from 2003, they will be all smiles in Ottawa. From now on, David Poile will be on one-year contracts instead of multi-year deals.
- It is looking like a forward could be the pick in the first round for the Blackhawks tonight, writes Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune.
- Expect the Blue Jackets to be very active this weekend, writes Aaron Portzline. Michael Arace of the Columbus Dispatch puts all the pressure on Scott Howson to come through this weekend.