Here are the morning papers from the Central Division:
- The Red Wings got one of the 20 players they coveted last night when Thomas McCollum fells to them at number 30. Read McCollum’s bio here.
- A couple of old friends from Winnipeg were both drafted by the Predators last night, writes John Glennon. Before drafting twice in the first round, the Predators traded Chris Mason and re-signed Dan Ellis.
- It wasn’t a big splash, but Scott Howson accomplished exactly what he wanted to at the draft last night. Howson hit a solid double last night, writes Aaron Portzline.
- The Blues just couldn’t pass on taking the talented Alex Pietrangelo last night, writes Jeremy Rutherford. Earlier on draft day, the Blues add a nice to compliment to Manny Legace with their acquisition of Chris Mason from Nashville.
- The Blackhawks used their selection last night on controversial forward Kyle Beach.