Here are the morning papers for the second round playoff teams:
Montreal (1) versus Philadelphia (6):
- According to Red Fisher of the Montreal Gazette the Flyers won the series through hard work and key stops from Martin Biron. In Carey Price’s opinion that the game was lost after the Flyers’ second period rally, particularly by the weird goal scored by Mike Richards. Dave Stubbs with a piece on the Habs’ disappointing end to a season that delighted the fans.
- Phil Sheridan of the Philadelphia Inquirer reviews the rise of the Flyers from league doormats to conference finalists. Ray Parrillo discusses what went right in game 5 and praises the Flyers front office for their acquisition of defenseman Braydon Coburn.
Pittsburgh (2) versus New York Rangers (5):
- Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby will be seeking redemption this afternoon for their immature behavior at the end of game 4, writes Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Maxime Talbot’s status for game 5 is unknown. Shelly Anderson reports on why the Penguins feel there is no need to panic.
- Larry Brooks of the New York Post describes the challenge that lies ahead for the Rangers. John Dellapina of the New York Daily News notes that the Rangers are staying positive despite being down 3-1. Sean Avery has been released from the hospital.
Detroit (1) versus Colorado (6):
- Despite a 6-0 record in the playoffs, Chris Osgood is third on Detroit Free Press columnist Drew Sharp’s Red Wings MVP list. Steve Schrader profiles the Red Wings’ potential conference final opponents.
- Terry Frei of the Denver Post discusses the roster decisions facing by the Avalanche front office. Mark Kiszla wonders if Joel Quenneville is the right coach for the Avs. Adrian Dater reports the Avalanche injury woes were so bad that two players played game 4 with broken feet.
San Jose (2) versus Dallas (5):
- Sharks coach Ron Wilson is confident the Sharks will win the series. Mark Purdy of the San Jose Mercury news notes that the Sharks have a lot of work to do in order to win their series.
- Mark Heicka of the Dallas Morning news profiles a frustrated Brenden Morrow. Tim Cowlishaw gives his opinion on the rule disallowing goals that are kicked in.
E-mail any thoughts, ideas, suggestions to email@example.com