Here are the morning papers for the teams that were eliminated from the first round of the playoffs:
- Here are some readers’ thoughts about the Ducks to finish off the season.
- The Predators are increasing ticket prices for next season.
- Alex Tanguay is getting out of town for the summer. Meanwhile, Flames GM Darryl Sutter gave his season review on Friday. Any concern that Mike Keenan may have had about returning next year was quieted by Sutter.
- Devils all-around center John Madden has been nominated for the Selke Trophy.
- The cap may be going up, but the Senators still have a lot of money already tied up, writes Ken Warren.
Here are the morning papers for the teams that did not qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs:
- Sabres winger Jason Pominville has been nominated for the Lady Byng Trophy.
- Blue Jackets owner John McConnell passed away yesterday and Michael Arace of the Columbus Dispatch tells readers about how special McConnell really was.
- Check out this touching article from a couple days ago in the L.A. Daily News.
- Jim Gintonio of the Arizona Republic knows exactly why Shane Doan has been nominated for the Masterton Trophy.
- Lance Hornby touches on the conspiracy theory surrounding Brian Burke’s decision to stay in Anaheim.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Richard Pollock.