Due to time constraints, News You Can Use Will be abbreviated today.
1. Roberto Luongo is day to day with a rib injury, so the Canucks have recalled Drew McIntyre from Manitoba.
2. Sidney Crosby has won the 2007 Lou Marsh Award.
3. A profile on Angelo Esposito.
4. Cast your vote for Sportsnet’s Athlete of the Year.
5. Brendan Morrison’s consecutive games streak will end tonight.
6. The quotable John Tortorella.
7. The first day of Team Canada’s camp has a few bumps today.
8. Eric Duhatschek wonders if Scott Niedermayer will start a trend amongst veterans.
9. The weekly release from the USHL.
10. Jonathan Tavares is the focus at Team Canada’s camp.
11. An annonymous group of 4 NHL’ers is skating on Thermablades.
12. Pierre Lebrun says Sergei Zubov deserves some recognition.
13. Sheldon Souray returns to the Oilers lineup tonight. Allan Rourke will sit and Mathieu Roy is on waivers.
14. Your ECHL fix.
15. A profile on Tyler Myers of the Kelowna Rockets, a top prospect for this year’s draft.
16. Ken Campbell writes that Sweden and Finland are likely to pull out of the NHL-IIHF transfer agreement.
17. The Czech roster for the World Junior tournament will have a CHL flavor.
18. Kukla thinks that the NHL needs to get back to playing wide open hockey, and forego the endless stream of proposed rule changes.
19. The London Knights are experimenting with Akim Aliu at defense.
20. Playing in Florida isn’t all its cracked up to be.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Kyle Kosior.