Note: News You Can Use will be updated in stages today
1. Brian Burke has called a press conference for this evening, where he is expected to announce the return of Scott Niedermayer.
2. The Leafs have demoted Stefan Kronwall and Jiri Tlusty.
3. The USA has announced their World Junior team.
4. Bob McKenzie blogs on the Team Canada and Team USA world junior teams.
5. The CHL Hot List.
6. Worcester, MA will host the 2009 AHL All-Star Game.
7. Mike Chen discusses the NHL’s involvement in the Olympics.
8. The NHL Hot List.
9. The contestants for the Contintenal Cup have been announced.
10. Eric Duhatschek writes that the Flames won because they played simple hockey.
11. Want more Sam Gagner? Here you go.
12. Allan Maki details the diverging career paths of Sidney Crosby and former linemante Dany Roussin.
13. In an end to the most boring and drawn out saga of this NHL season, Scott Niedermayer is indeed returning.
14. The New Jersey Devils are going to name Jamie Langenbrunner as their captain.
15. The Canadiens have recalled Maxim Laperriere and Ryan O’Byrne.
16. The National Post’s NHL Notebook observes that Todd Marchant was not happy to be a healthy scratch this past weekend.
17. Darryl Dobbs answers your Fantasy Hockey questions.
18. The Hockey News Blog notes that Ilya Kovalchuk is on pace for 69 goals, which would be the most since 1992-93.
19. Philippe Boucher will be sidelined for 4 weeks with shoulder surgery.
20. The Ottawa Senators have ended their skid by beating the Panthers 5-4.
21. The Hockey News Insider previews the projected top picks for the 2008 draft. Prospect Pulse feature has slipped to 8th on their list.
22. An update on the prospects playing in the Russian Super League.
23. Interesting article on the parallels between the Tigers and the Red Wings.
24. The Score looks at the top RFA’s for this summer.
25. Scott Morrison feels that the continued whining about the state of the game is unwarranted.