1. Scott Burnside ponders the answer to adding offense to the NHL.
2. EJ Hradek discusses the woes of the Ducks and Flyers.
3. Hockey Canada announces its 37 man roster for the World Junior Selection Camp.
4. Riley Cote is the latest Flyer to be suspended.
5. NHL.com names its 10 Smartest Players of the Modern Era.
6. A profile on the Sharks’ Devon Setoguchi.
7. Interesting story about a band made up of current and former Ohio State players.
8. An NHL.com feature on Phil Esposito.
9. A prospect report on Will Weber of the Chicago Steel.
10. A look at Chris Stewart, currently playing with Lake Erie in the AHL.
11. Wes Walz has finally retired, ending the bizarre saga.
12. Angelo Esposito has no problems playing junior this season.
13. Sportsnet notes that Hockey Canada has passed on the 6 junior-aged players currently in the NHL.
14. The NHL names its 3-Stars for the month of November.
15. Pierre Lebrun writes that Ron Wilson has maintained his focus despite reports that his job is in jeopardy.
16. Patrick King observes that the Canada-Russia rivalry is getting boring.
17. Gene Principe writes that the search for a left-winger for Hemsky and Horcoff continues. Maybe try looking in Saskatchewan. A lot of left wingers there recently found themselves out of a job.
18. INCH with its weekly rankings of the NCAA hockey teams.
19. Jere Lehtinen could miss 8-10 weeks with an abdominal injury.
20. The Toronto Star weighs in on the possibility of Canadian universities joining the NCAA.
21. Sidney Crosby goes West.
22. Taking Note with an interesting take on healthy scratches for disciplinary reasons at the junior level.
23. Video of the zamboni that caught fire.
24. Mike Brophy thinks Calgary needs a new approach to improve their game.
25. Adam Proteau thinks the NHL Boards of Governors is wrong to assume everything is ok with the game.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Kyle Kosior