1. Terry Frei of ESPN with an ode to Slapshot.
2. Jim Kelley with his Inside the NHL column.
3. Anton Volchenkov is expected to miss at least 4 weeks.
4. Pierre Lebrun of Sportsnet anticipates more schedule changes, as early as 2009-10.
5. Radek Martinek accuses the Rangers’ Hollweg of trying to rip out his stitches.
6. Ed Jovanoski gets a one-game suspension for his hit on Marion Gaborik.
7. Scott Burnside recaps the Board of Governors’ meetings.
8. The WHL gets a split with Team Russia and gives Canada the win in the ADT Challenge.
9. The Vancouver Giants are ready to take another run at the Memorial Cup.
10. Hockey thrives in Bakersfield, CA.
11. Speaking of Slapshot, did you know new Caps coach Bruce Boudreau was an extra?
12. Taking Note with details on the CHL Power Rankings, and the news that Pokey Reddick’s son Bryce is playing in the BCHL and has committed to Michigan Tech.
13. The IIHF has voted to play all international tournaments scheduled for North America on NHL-sized rinks.
14. The ECHL report with word that the Ferraro brothers are alive and playing in Las Vegas.
15. Good hockey article from the Wall Street Journal. Wait, what?
16. NHL.com with its fantasy guide for the 1st week of December.
17. Theo Fleury is set to get his own reality show.
18. Fanhouse with video of the 8 year olds hockey brawl.
19. John Kreiser notes that the Bruins and Flyers keep winning despite being consistently outshot.
20. Adam Proteau’s mailbag.
21. Gordie Howe has sued his former business associates.
22. The photoblog from the USHL’s Robert Meyer.
23. Mark Recchi is a healthy scratch again, and may be on the move to Columbus.
24. Two Kingston Frontenac players and the trainer were hurt in a car accident.
25. Recalls include Mart Hartigan (Wings), Quintin Lang (Capitals) and Colin Fraser (Thrashers).
For Illegal Curve, I’m Kyle Kosior