1. Richard Peddie admits that hiring John Ferguson Jr. was a mistake.
2. Scott Hartnell is suspended for 2 games for his hit on Andrew Alberts.
3. The Oilers are still bring up the rear in TSN’s Power Rankings.
4. Mats Sundin is unfazed by all the turmoil in Toronto.
5. Hockey Hearsay notes that Mark Recchi is questioning his role with the Penguins.
6. Pierre Lebrun of Sportsnet writes that Maple Leaf owners need look no further than themselves when wondering why the Leafs suck.
7. Team Canada pads its lead to 3-1 with another victory over the Ruskies.
8. The Weekly Release from the USHL.
9. Ten Things Overheard at the BU-Cornell game at MSG.
10. Todd Bertuzzi expects a positive reaction in his return to Vancouver.
11. The Forechecker looks at who is over and under performing.
12. Eric Duhatschek discusses the NHL Board of Governor’s Meetings.
13. Al Strachan feels that NHL GM’s are becoming more vulnerable to the whims of owners.
14. The sale of the Lightning has produced a snag and will result in the inevitable lawsuit.
15. Check out Milan Lucic’s blog from The Hockey News.
16. The Junior Report from nhl.com.
17. Itching for ECHL news? Scratch that itch.
18. Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf discuss their chemistry.
19. The Longest Road Trip.
20. Michael Farber thinks the Dominator is done.
21. Fanhouse feels that beer and youth hockey don’t mix. My misspent childhood hockey career and liver beg to differ.
22. Guy Lafleur takes a shot at Les Habitants.
23. The National Post with a look around the league.
24. The Hockey News with its list of Hot Prospects.
25. The Score notes that some top goalies are finding their game again.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Kyle Kosior.