I missed the papers today, so here are some stories of interest:
- The Penguins have traded Daryl Sydor to Dallas for Phillipe Boucher. I really like this deal for the Penguins. Boucher can move the puck and can help fill the voids left by the injuries to Ryan Whitney and Sergei Gonchar.
- Teemu Selanne says the Ducks’ mentality has to change. I really don’t think this team has what it takes in 2008/09.
- Andrew Ference fractured his right tibia and will be out of the Bruins line-up for up to eight weeks. More important loss than most people probably realize.
- Daniel Cleary is going to be out for 2-3 weeks with an eye injury. The Wings are so loaded that they can make up for his production quite easily.
- Michael Russo’s Sunday Insider. Becoming a Sunday staple.
- Larry Brooks thinks the Devils should consider trading Patrik Elias. Is anyone taking on that contract?
- The Senators had a closed door meeting after last night’s loss on the Island. Seems like the necessary move by Alfredsson.
- Jim Matheson’s Hockey World from this morning’s Edmonton Journal. He’s one of the best.