The Moose were coming off a heartbreaking loss last night when they lost 3-2 to these same Marlies with 24 seconds left in the 3rd period. Neither team had time to dwell though as the re-match came 16 hours after Friday’s game concluded.
– Moose were down 2-0 quickly despite carrying the play early in the game;
– Darren Kramer scored his third of season to make it a one goal game after Francis Beauvillier forced a turnover;
– Mason Appleton scored his 21st goal of the season to tie it up;
– The home side took the lead 3-2 when recently signed CJ Suess scored his first pro goal;
– The lead lasted nine minutes though as the Marlies evened it at 3 after 40 minutes;
– After Marlies scored 1:25 into final frame, Brody Sutter scored his third goal in three games to tie it up;
– The Marlies took the lead for good after an ill advised Lemieux double-minor.
– Shots were 36-32 for Toronto.
– Sami Niku has a five-game points streak (2G 5A);
– Niku leads all defeceman in the AHL in scoring with 52 points (15G 37A);
– Mason Appleton is tied for third in the AHL in scoring with 61 points (21G 40A).
Next Game Action
April 6th at 7 pm at Bell MTS Place when the Bakersfield Condors come to town.
Latest posts by David Minuk (see all)
- Game 60: Jets vs. Blackhawks projected lines - February 16, 2020
- Winnipeg Jets recall Andrei Chibisov from the Manitoba Moose - February 16, 2020
- Winnipeg Jets Morning Papers - February 16, 2020