Some news and notes from the Blogs today:
- Melt Your Face Off: Taxi cab Kanefessions. Funny. Good spoof of what the conversation was like in the cab. And here is the shirt that some enterprising person has on ebay.
- The Fifth Feather: One life to live. A Hawks blog reacts to the Kane story. You have to wonder if Hawks fans are wondering what has gone wrong. Things seemed so promising. Western Conference Finals. Big signings. Then firings, NHL inquiries into those signings and now an arrest. Kane was designated by Flames fans with the moniker: 20 Cent.
- Second City Hockey: You’ve worked too hard for your illusions just to throw them all away. An honest assessment of the fact that hockey players are just like everyone else. There are good eggs and not so good eggs.
- Die by the Blade: Sabres sign Mike Grier. If this proves accurate (and it seems that DBB has done its homework) it is a decent signing by Buffalo. End of July there was talk that the Wings were considering signing Grier although GM Ken Holland never actually came out and said that.
- On the Forecheck: Nashville Predators sign Ryan Jones to new contract. Good analysis and they break down where he fits within the Preds roster.
- On Frozen Blog: Varlamov working hard towards starters role. An 82 game schedule will be very different than playing in the playoffs but if he can show throughout a regular season the stuff he showed during the playoffs, then the Caps will benefit greatly.
- Pension Plan Puppets: Leafs Sign Joey MacDonald. Good signing by the Leafs.
- In Lou We Trust: What should Devils fans expect of Rod Pelley. In-depth analysis.
- NHL Fanhouse: Behind the scenes at the NHL 2K10 commercial shoot. Who knew that these guys were funny. Bet EA Sports wished they had Ovechkin on the cover.