When: Sunday, March 16, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (30-29-9, 11th in the Western Conference), Dallas Stars (32-23-11, 8th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: FS-MW, TSN-JETS/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Monday, March 17th on the road against the St.Louis Blues (7:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 4-2 home loss to the New York Rangers
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (20 goals, 34 assists, 54 points), Blake Wheeler (23 goals, 29 assists, 52 points), Dustin Byfuglien (17 goals, 32 assists, 49 points), Andrew Ladd (19 goals, 29 assists, 48 points), Olli Jokinen (15 goals, 21 assists, 36 points)
Dallas Stars: Tyler Seguin (29 goals, 39 assists, 68 points), Jamie Benn (27 goals, 36 assists, 63 points), Alex Goligoski (5 goals, 26 assists, 31 points), Rich Peverley (7 goals, 23 assists, 30 points), Erik Cole (16 goals, 13 assists, 29 points)
Game Day Notes:
– Heading into tonight’s game, the Jets sit in 11th place in the Western Conference, six points behind the Dallas Stars for the 8th and final playoff spot. Dallas has played two fewer games than Winnipeg.
– The Stars were defeated 4-3 by the Calgary Flames in a shootout Friday night but are 6-2-2 over their last 10 games.
– Including tonight, the Jets play three of their next four games at home.
– Due to injuries to Ondrej Pavelec, Chris Thorburn and Jim Slater, the Jets recalled goaltender Michael Hutchinson and forward Patrice Cormier from the St. John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League. Both Cormier and Hutchinson will dress for the Jets tonight. Hutchinson’s record this year in St.John’s is 15-5-1 with a .923 save percentage. Cormier has six goals and 15 assists in 54 games for the IceCaps this year.
– Stars defenseman Brenden Dillon has 137 hits so far this season, tied for 68th most in the NHL. Jets defenseman Mark Stuart has 182 hits so far this season, tied for 18th most in the NHL.
-The Stars average 10.5 penalty minutes/game which ranks 11th in the NHL. The Jets average 12.2 penalty minutes/game which is 23rd in the NHL.
– Who’s Hot: Stars forward Tyler Seguin has four goals and six assists in his last five games. Jets forward Bryan Little has one goal and four assists in his last five games.
– Who’s Cold for the Jets: Evander Kane has no goals in his last 11 games. Blake Wheeler has one goal in his last 11 games.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Dallas has the 21st Ranked Power Play in the NHL (16.1%) and the 19th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (81.0%)
– Winnipeg has the 26th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (14.5%) and the 5th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (84.9%)
– Al Montoya (10-5-3, 2.20 GAA, .924 Save Percentage)
– Tim Thomas (18-20-4, 2.83 GAA, .910 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Evander Kane- Eric O’Dell-Devin Setoguchi
Dustin Byfuglien- Olli Jokinen-Blake Wheeler
Matt Halischuk- Patrice Cormier-Anthony Peluso
Zach Bogosian – Tobias Enstrom
Mark Stuart – Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy – Keaton Ellerby
Scratches: Paul Postma, Matt Halischuk
Projected Dallas Stars Line Combinations:
Jamie Benn-Tyler Seguin- Valeri Nichushkin
Erik Cole- Cody Eakin-Colton Sceviour
Antoine Roussel- Vernon Fiddler- Ryan Garbutt
Ray Whitney- Chris Mueller- Alex Chiasson
Alex Goligoski- Trevor Daley
Jordie Benn- Brenden Dillon
Kevin Connauton- Sergei Gonchar
Healthy Scratches: Aaron Rome
Dallas Stars: Alex Goligoski (undisclosed), Shawn Horcoff (upper body), Kari Lehtonen (concussion), Rich Peverley (chest)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back, out for season), James Wright (ankle), Mark Scheifele (knee), John Albert (upper body), Ondrej Pavelec (lower body), Chris Thorburn (out indefinitely), Jim Slater (lower body)