When: Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (30-20-11, 71 points, 6th in West), Dallas Stars (27-23-9, 63 points, 11th in West)
Television/Radio: TXA 21, TSN3/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Thursday, February 26th at home against the St.Louis Blues (7:00 p.m. CST)
Last Game: 4-3 loss (OT) to the Toronto Maple Leafs
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (23 goals, 26 assists, 49 points), Andrew Ladd (20 goals, 28 assists, 48 points), Blake Wheeler (16 goals, 28 assists, 44 points), Dustin Byfuglien (14 goals, 26 assists, 40 points), Mathieu Perreault (18 goals, 18 assists, 36 points)
Dallas Stars: Jamie Benn (23 goals, 36 assists, 59 points), Tyler Seguin (29 goals, 30 assists, 59 points), Jason Spezza (14 goals, 36 assists, 50 points), John Klingberg (10 goals, 22 assists, 32 points), Erik Cole (17 goals, 14 assists, 31 points)
Game Day Notes:
– Tonight marks the first game of a four game home stand for Winnipeg. The Jets are 4-3-3 in their last 10 games.
– Jets Home Record: 15-10-4
– The Jets have a record of 11-6-3 against teams in the Central Division this year
– The Jets are 21-9-6 this season when they score the first goal of a game.
– The Jets have allowed 17 goals over the last four games
– Enhanced Stat #1: The Winnipeg Jets team shot attempts (SAT), also known as Corsi, is 233 which ranks 7th in the NHL.
– Enhanced Stat #2: Blake Wheeler leads the Jets with 18 primary assists. Andrew Ladd is next with 17 primary assists.
– This stat courtesy of Mark Stepneski of the Dallas Stars Inside Edge, Since the All-Star break, Winnipeg is 30th in the league in both goals against (3.77) and in save percentage (.870).
– Six of the last nine games for the Jets have gone to overtime (3-3)
– Dallas’ Road Record: 15-12-2
– This is the fourth and final meeting between the Jets and Stars this year. The Jets have a record of 2-1 against Dallas this season. The Stars defeated Winnipeg 5-2 back on January 31st.
– Michael Hutchinson is expected to start in goal for the Jets tonight. In 29 games this season, Hutchinson has a record of 17-7-4 with a .918 save percentage and 2.36 Goals Against Average.
– Jhonas Enroth is expected to start in net for the Stars tonight. In 40 games this season, Enroth has a record of 13-23-2 with a .901 save percentage and 3.31 Goals Against Average.
– On Monday, Jets Head Coach Paul Maurice announced that defenseman Ben Chiarot had surgery and will be out until toward the end of the regular season, roughly six weeks. Chiarot injured his hand during Saturday’s night game against Toronto during a fight with Daniel Winnik.
– According to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press, defenseman Jay Harrison will return to the line-up tonight for the Jets. Harrison has not played in a game since January 27th. Harrison will replace Ben Chiarot and be paired up with Adam Pardy.
– According to Ed Tait, Blake Wheeler did not take practise Tuesday morning. Paul Maurice announced after Tuesday morning’s practise that Blake Wheeler will not play tonight and has a lower body injury.
– On Monday the Jets re-called Eric O’Dell from the St.John’s IceCaps (AHL). O’Dell has 14 goals and 15 assists in 37 games with St.John’s this year. O’Dell did not practise on Tuesday so he is not expected to play tonight.
– Red Hot for Winnipeg: Tyler Myers is on a four game points streak (one goal, four assists)
– Red Hot For Dallas: Jamie Benn is on a seven game points streak (seven goals, five assists)
– Ice Cold: Adam Lowry has no points in the last 11 games.
– Milestone Watch: Bryan Little needs five more assists to reach 200 career assists.
– The Stars average 3.12 goals for/game, 3rd in the NHL. The Jets average 2.67 goals for/game, 19th in the NHL.
– The Stars average 3.27 goals against/game, 27th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.66 goals against/game, 17th in the NHL.
– Defenseman Alex Goligoski leads all Stars in ice time, averaging 23:40 of ice time per game.
– Stars Top Face-off Guy: Jason Spezza (54.4%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (56.6%)
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Dallas Stars PP (18.2%, 17th in NHL), Dallas PK (18.5%, 13th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (18.0%, 16th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (79.5%, 22nd in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Michael Frolik
Dustin Byfuglien- Mark Scheifele- Drew Stafford
Chris Thorburn- Adam Lowry- TJ Galiardi
Carl Klingberg – Jim Slater- Anthony Peluso
Tobias Enstrom- Tyler Myers
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Jay Harrison- Adam Pardy
Healthy Scratches: Paul Postma, Eric O’Dell
Projected Dallas Stars Line Combinations:
Jamie Benn- Jason Spezza- Erik Cole
Antoine Roussel- Cody Eakin- Ryan Garbutt
Curtis McKenzie- Vernon Fiddler- Ales Hemsky
Brett Ritchie- Shawn Horcoff- Colton Sceviour
Alex Goligoski- John Klingberg
Jyrki Jokipakka- Trevor Daley
Jordie Benn- Jason Demers
Dallas Stars: Valeri Nichushkin (hip), Tyler Seguin (knee), Patrick Eaves (concussion), Travis Moen (upper body), Patrick Nemeth (arm)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back surgery, indefinitely), Matt Halischuk (lower body, Injured Reserve), Mathieu Perreault (IR, lower body), Ben Chiarot (surgery, IR), Blake Wheeler (lower body)