When: Sunday, November 10, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg (7-9-2, 12th in the Western Conference), San Jose (10-2-4, 6th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-Jets, CSN-CA/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Tuesday, November 12th on the road against the Detroit Red Wings (7:00 p.m CST).
Last Game: 5-0 win over the Nashville Predators
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (10 goals, 5 assists, 15 points), Andrew Ladd (4 goals, 10 assists, 14 points), Dustin Byfuglien (0 goals, 11 assists, 11 points), Blake Wheeler (5 goals, 6 assists, 10 points), Evander Kane (6 goals, 4 assists, 10 points)
San Jose Sharks: Joe Pavelski (6 goals, 11 assists, 17 points), Joe Thornton (2 goals, 14 assists, 16 points), Logan Couture (7 goals, 9 assists, 16 points), Patrick Marleau (8 goals, 7 assists, 15 points), Tomas Hertl (9 goals, 5 assists, 14 points)
– The Sharks are winless in their last four games (0-1-3).
– Tonight is the first game of a five game road trip for the Sharks. After tonight’s game, the Sharks will play the Calgary Flames (Tuesday, November 12th), Vancouver Canucks (Thursday, November 14th) Edmonton Oilers (Friday, November 15th) and Chicago Blackhawks (November 17th).
– San Jose currently averages the most goals for per game in the NHL at 3.52 goals/game. The Jets are ranked 23rd in the NHL with 2.39 goals/game.
– Brent Burns will not play tonight for the Sharks but he is continuing to progress from facial injuries he suffered on October 12th versus the Ottawa Senators. Burns has missed the Sharks last eight games with the injury.
– Hits Leaders: Heading into tonight’s game, Evander Kane is Tied for 11th in the NHL (48), Mike Brown is Tied for 50th in the NHL (37).
– Jets forward Devin Setoguchi is on a three-game points streak (2 goals, 2 assists)
– Joe Pavelski is San Jose’s top face-off man. He has won 57.5% of his face-offs so far this year (Ranked 14th in the NHL)
– Ondrej Pavelec (5-7-2, 2.86 GAA, .911 Save Percentage)
– Antti Niemi (9-2-4, 2.10 GAA, .913 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Devin Setoguchi
Evander Kane-Olli Jokinen-Blake Wheeler
Matt Halischuk-Mark Scheifele-Michael Frolik
Eric Tangradi-James Wright-Chris Thorburn
Tobias Enstrom-Zach Bogosian
Grant Clitsome-Dustin Byfuglien
Adam Pardy- Keaton Ellerby
Healthy Scratches: Zach Redmond, Anthony Peluso
Projected San Jose Sharks Line Combinations:
Tomas Hertl- Joe Thornton- Tommy Wingels
Patrick Marleau- Logan Couture-Martin Havlat
Matt Nieto-Joe Pavelski-Tyler Kennedy
John McCarthy-Andrew Desjardins-Mike Brown
Marc-Edouard Vlasic-Justin Braun
Dan Boyle-Jason Demers
Scott Hannan- Matt Irwin
Healthy Scratches: John McCarthy, Brad Stuart
San Jose Sharks: Brent Burns (mouth, indefinitely), Raffi Torres (knee), Adam Burish (back)
Winnipeg Jets: Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jacob Trouba (LTIR, neck), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Mark Stuart (hip, day-to-day)