When: Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (25-24-5, 11th in the Western Conference), Nashville Predators (23-22-8, 12th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-JETS, FS-TN/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Friday, January 31st at home against the Vancouver Canucks (7:30 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 3-1 road victory over the Chicago Blackhawks
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (17 goals, 27 assists, 44 points), Blake Wheeler (21 goals, 22 assists, 43 points), Dustin Byfuglien (12 goals, 28 assists, 40 points), Andrew Ladd (12 goals, 24 assists, 36 points), Olli Jokinen (13 goals, 18 assists, 31 points)
Nashville Predators: David Legwand (9 goals, 27 assists, 36 points), Shea Weber (13 goals, 22 assists, 35 points), Craig Smith (16 goals, 15 assists, 31 points), Mike Fisher (13 goals, 14 assists, 27 points), Patric Hornqvist (10 goals, 16 assists, 26 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Predators lost their last game 5-1 to the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday night and are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games.
– Nashville averages 2.43 goals/game, 23rd in the NHL. The Jets average 2.72 goals/game, 14th in the NHL. Chicago averages 2.91 goals against/game, 23rd in the NHL. The Jets average 2.85 goals/against, 20th in the NHL.
– Who’s Hot: Nashville forward David Legwand has two goals and six assists in his last seven games. Jets forward Blake Wheeler has four goals and three assists in his last five games.
– Predators d-man Shea Weber leads all NHL defensemen with 9 Power Play goals
– Jets d-man Mark Stuart has 97 blocked shots, tied with Francois Beauchemin for 23rd in the NHL.
– Prior to tonight’s game, Jets Head Coach Paul Maurice indicated that Evander Kane’s hand infection is back and he will be done until after the Olympic break.
– Tonight marks Paul Maurice‘s eighth game as Head Coach of the Jets. Winnipeg is 6-1 under Maurice so far.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Nashville has the 6th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (20.6%) and the 24th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (79.5%)
– Winnipeg has the 24th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (15.0%) and the 9th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.4%)
– Ondrej Pavelec (16-20-4, 2.97 GAA, .902 Save Percentage)
– Carter Hutton (11-8-2, 2.85 GAA, .906 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Chris Thorburn-Mark Scheifele-Blake Wheeler
Devin Setoguchi-Olli Jokinen-Dustin Byfuglien
Anthony Peluso-Eric O’Dell- James Wright
Zach Bogosian – Tobias Enstrom
Mark Stuart – Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy – Keaton Ellerby
Healthy Scratches: Zach Redmond, Eric Tangradi
Projected Nashville Predators Line Combinations:
Eric Nystrom- Mike Fisher-Patric Hornqvist
Nick Spaling- David Legwand- Craig Smith
Gabriel Bourque -Colin Wilson- Taylor Beck
Richard Clune – Paul Gaustad – Colton Sissons
Roman Josi- Shea Weber
Michael Del Zotto – Seth Jones
Mattias Ekholm- Ryan Ellis
Healthy Scratches: Victor Bartley
Nashville Predators: Matt Cullen (upper body), Viktor Stalberg (upper body), Pekka Rinne (hip)
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, out for season), Evander Kane (hand infection)